Wockhardt UK Limited registered at Ash Road North, Wrexham, LL13 9UF operates Website URL (the “Website”). We are committed to protect the privacy and security of your personal data. We advise you to carefully read this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) so that you are aware of how, where and why we are using your personal data.
Your privacy is very important to us. This Notice sets out the way in which we process your information when you use our website or other digital platforms in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable local data protection laws.
- This Notice applies to individuals visiting our Website. The Notice applies only to the personal data we collect through our website, in email, text, forms and other electronic communication received through or in connection with our Website. This may include personal data of site visitors from patients, reporters, suppliers and other individuals that interact with us.
- We provide more specific privacy notices for individuals that make reports to us.
- “Personal data” is any information that relates to an identifiable natural person. Your name, address and contact details are all examples of your personal data, if they identify you.
- The term “process” means any activity relating to personal data, including, by way of example, collection, storage, use, consultation and transmission.
- We are the “controller” of your personal data provided in connection with this Website. This means that we make decisions about how and why we process your personal data and, because of this, we are responsible for making sure it is used in accordance with data protection laws.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS
We may collect personal data on this online portal, including information we collect while performing business transactions and information we collect from other sources, as permitted by law. We may collectyour personaldata including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to our Website including, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and information about your computer or device.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to use the Website, subscribing to or providing Services to the Company, posting material, requesting further services and/or applying for a position of employment with us (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address).
- Information that you provide to us by completing any other forms on the Website or if you contact us with comments or specific requests (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
MEANS OF PROCESSING DATA
We may process your personal data through the following means:
- Web job application forms/careers applications;
- Newsletter sign-ups;
- Registration for an event/activity;
- Information request mechanism (for example, Contact Us).
- When you visit the Website, we generate one or more “cookies” and we notify you of this by way of an online prompt or ‘pop-up’ banner. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come from, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long it will remain on your device) and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
- There are different types of Cookies that do different things. We use various types of Cookies to optimise the user experience. Two types of cookies may be used on the Website – “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Website. A persistent cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings).
- Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
- If you use different devices to view and access the Website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally use the information to establish and enhance our relationship with our Website users for the following purposes:
- Administration of our business and communication – We may use your information to administer and provide services you request or have expressed an interest in, or otherwise provide to us, to communicate with you in case of any inquiry or support, for sending newsletters, updates and promotional materials, for seeking your opinion and feedback and personalize, to notify you about changes to our services, and/or tailor any communications that we may send you.
- Career Offering – We provide career options on our website for the users. They can apply to them using our online forms/links by registering with us. Once you are registered with us, we may use your personal data for various job openings that we have in our company and for sending you communication in case of job vacancies.
- Advertising – We may use your information to carry out advertising and market research based on behavioral metrics, geo-location data, demographic data and marketing preferences we capture. We may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising based on use.
- Activity Tracking – We may use your information to track your activity on our digital platforms and personalize and improve your experience. This can be used to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences or for profiling purposes to enable us to personalize and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
- Optimization – We may use your information to operate, improve and maintain our site, to prevent fraud and abuse.
- Information Sharing – We may use and share your information with third parties with whom we have contractual or similar relationships with. More information is set out below under “Sharing your information with others”.
OUR LAWFUL GROUNDS OF PROCESSING
When we process your Personal Data, we do so primarily in connection with business administration, marketing, sale and promotion of services which we provide or which are procured using our services and to improve and enhance the range of those services and offerings.
We are required by law to always have a “lawful basis” (i.e. a reason or justification) for processing your personal data. We may process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When we process cookies, with your consent;
- Responding to your enquiries and/or complaints, where the processing is necessary for the purpose of pursing our legitimate interests in ensuring that we deal appropriately with communications, taking into consideration any impact on you of that processing; or
- When we process your personal data for recruitment, communication, sales and marketing, registration and subscriptions purposes, where the processing is necessary for the purpose of entering into or performing a contract with you, or for pursuing our legitimate interests in managing our business effectively, taking into consideration any impact on you of that processing;
- When we process your personal data for advertising and activity tracking, where the processing is necessary for the purpose of entering into or performing a contract with you, or for pursuing our legitimate interests in managing our business effectively, taking into consideration any impact on you of that processing.
- If any of the personal information you have given to us changes, such as your contact details, please inform us without delay.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may also share your personal data with third parties (including any directed by you) who act on our behalf as data processors and others that are themselves independent data controllers.
We have set out below a list of the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal data:
- Our group companies
- Consultants and professional advisors including legal advisors and auditors;
- Courts, court-appointed persons/entities, receivers and liquidators;
- Certain software and IT systems and/or service providers;
- Governmental departments, statutory and regulatory bodies including the relevant data protection supervisory authority, the police and relevant authorities.
We may also transfer your data to third party service providers and web analytics tool providers, such as [Google Analytics, DoubleClick Cookies]. We may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor the advertising that it thinks may be of interest to you, based on your use of our website.
We may also transfer your personal data to:
- Comply with a legal or regulatory requirement of a court or other competent authority; or
- In connection with a potential sale, purchase, transfer or reorganization of our business (or any part of it), including disclosure to a prospective buyer or their professional advisers.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for a limited period of time and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we are processing it for. This will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Any laws or regulations that we are required to follow;
- Whether we are in a legal or other type of dispute with each other or any third party;
- The type of information that we hold about you;
- Whether we are asked by you or a regulatory authority to keep your personal data for a valid reason.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
We are based in the UK but as a global business, we may transfer your personal data to servers, entities and partners located outside European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal data on our behalf. Please be aware that the data protection laws in some jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection to your personal data as is provided to it under the laws in your location. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with our data protection policy, which is in line with applicable data protection legislation. We will only make a transfer outside the EEA if:
- The country to which the personal data is to be transferred ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, such as an appropriate contract with the recipient. [This includes use of European Model Clause contracts which are approved by the European Commission. You can find out what these are here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm];
- The transfer is necessary for one of the reasons specified in data protection legislation, such as the performance of a contract between us and you; or
- You explicitly consent to the transfer.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our website. The Services are not intended for users under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 16 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that a person submitting Personal data is under 16, we will delete all the information as soon as possible unless it is with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY: HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION WITH US?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, procedural and managerial procedures to safeguard your information against accidental loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse or modification. We require any third parties processing your information to implement the same levels of protection with respect to your data and to agree to contractual terms imposing appropriate standards. We strive to use commercially acceptable means for protecting your information.
CHANGES TO THE NOTICE
This Notice is effective as of September 2018. We reserve the right to update or change this Notice at any time, and we will provide you with the updated Notice when we make any substantial updates at the earliest via an appropriate method including email or by providing a prominent notice of change on the website. We advise you to check the Notice periodically.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
From time to time we may provide links to the websites of other organisations, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
We will respect your legal rights in relation to your data. You have the right to:
- Access information held about you. You must make your request in writing and provide us with enough information to permit us to identify your personal information. In certain circumstances under the privacy laws, we may not be required to provide all the details of personal data held;
- Amend and rectify personal information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes;
- Request restriction of information processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal information;
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on the legitimate interests, you can object to this processing at any time. If you do this, we will need to show either a compelling reason why our processing should continue, which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- The right to request the erasure of your personal information;
- The right to data portability including to obtain personal information in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on a consent;
- Where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that processing;
- The right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the UK data protection regulator. More information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/.
HOW TO CONTACT US AND OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
In case you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Notice or wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, you can contact the Human Resources Department on email@example.com or 01978 661261.