Hypurin® Bovine Insulin Discontinuation Information for Patients
Hypurin® Bovine insulin is being discontinued. All patients currently using any Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their insulin prescription changed. Wockhardt regrets any inconvenience this may cause but unfortunately the circumstances are beyond our control.
All patients using Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their prescription changed
- Due to global bovine insulin raw material unavailability, Wockhardt has no choice but to discontinue the Hypurin® Bovine Insulin range. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts in trying to find an alternative supply of bovine insulin raw material, none has been found. Wockhardt regrets any inconvenience this may cause but the circumstances are beyond our control
- As no further batches of bovine insulin can be manufactured, residual stocks will be carefully managed to ensure product remains available for patients for as long as possible
- PLEASE NOTE: the discontinuation of Hypurin® BOVINE Insulin does not affect the supply of PORCINE insulin
- If you currently use any Hypurin® Bovine Insulin, please contact your diabetes healthcare professional so that appropriate changes can be made to your insulin therapy
- Changing insulin should only be done under medical supervision and the patient closely monitored
Hypurin® Bovine Insulin predicted depletion dates
Predicted depletion dates are based on current stock and average sales. Monthly updates will be provided below.
*Depletion dates updated May 2019
Please click on the table to enlarge
Questions and Answers
Q: Why is Hypurin® Bovine Insulin being withdrawn?
Due to global bovine insulin API (raw material) unavailability, Wockhardt have no choice but to discontinue the Hypurin® Bovine insulin range. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts in trying to find an alternative supply, none has been found.
Q: Will this affect the supply of Hypurin® Porcine insulin?
No. The discontinuation of Hypurin® BOVINE Insulin does not affect the supply of PORCINE insulin.
Q: How do I go about changing my insulin prescription?
Your diabetes nurse or doctor will be able to advise you on the options available. Wockhardt will not be able to advise on this.
Q: Where can I get more information and advice?
For advice on changing your insulin: Please speak to your diabetes healthcare professional as Wockhardt are unable to advise
For Hypurin® medical information call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 669260 or Email: email@example.com
For Hypurin® general enquiries call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 661261 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hypurin® overseas non UK enquiries call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 669201 or Email: email@example.com
For Autopen® Classic or needle information call: Owen Mumford +44 1993 810052 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org